Friday, February 21, 2014

Review: Life Juice: Himalayan Sea Salt


 

While some people think 8 dollars for a tiny bottle of water is outrageous, I can't help but be positive and to see the bottle half full -- that would be 4 dollars for 6 ounces of water if you missed the metaphor and took that statement literally. Yes, it is overpriced; yes, it is water; yes, you're wondering why this product needs to exist; but I'm not here to judge the preconditions that allowed this to exist. I'm here to give it a fair assessment in an objective review.

Sight: this beverage is entirely translucent reminiscent of one of the attributes of pure water. The packaging adds a certain allure that makes you think of a bottled beverage that isn't just water, a substance which comprises most of the earth.

Smell: it has little no aromatic properties. It smells neutral, i.e. it smells like nothing? Maybe there is a faint hint of misplaced financial investments, but I'm not entire sure what that smells like.

Taste: the flavor is mild bringing forth notes of water with a hint of salt. The Himalayan pink salt tastes like what you imagine salt to taste like -- salty. The human tongue is only capable of detecting salt as a basic chemical formulation, so no matter how many Sherpas died lugging it down the hill and regardless of the robust history of yak's relieving themselves all over the soil -- tastes like salt! Pink Himalayan salt is the same salt that comprises the tears of the people who invested in this beverage company as they watch their houses go into foreclosure. Perhaps I detect a faint lemony finish which was really exciting for me because I've never had lemon and water as a flavor pairing before.

Rating: I give it a 4 out of 5 stars. Water flavor was spot on and the attempt at exoticism with the use of salt from Asia kept me drinking looking for a flavor that would connect me to the Dalai Lama and bring me enlightenment; however, I didn't care for the water and lemon flavor pairing and found it a bit hifalutin and snooty.

Pairings: Human organ function, precursors to organic life

No comments:

Post a Comment